A couple months back our friends at Coast Hills CU contacted us about a small project. We’ve always had a great relationship with Coast Hills so we didn’t hesitate to say yes, to whatever it was they were thinking.
The day arrived. We started pre-dawn in Templeton, Ca, our neighboring community, and spent the next 16 hours filming with an incredibly talented film production company. We couldn’t believe how long shooting a commercial took, but like everything we do at BarrelHouse Brewing Co., they believe even the smallest of details can make the difference between good and great.
A huge applause to the business team at Coast Hills CU for making stunning short film this happen. We are truly honored and forever indebted to you. Literally and figuratively…
Visit BarrelHousebBewing.com for more info.
BarrelHouse Brewing Co.
3055 Limestone Way
Paso Robles, Ca 93446
Anniversary Celebration Announcement | Saturday, February 21st, 2015
With the party only days away you can already feel the buzz building around us. Literally.
Originally, we had only planned on releasing 500 tickets. But, that number came and went while we were busy brewing and we still have tons of interest. So, we’ve decided to increase the amount of tickets available for a short time.
In addition, for the first time ever, we’ve decided to open up an additional two acres behind the brewery. Here you’ll find more games, more beer, more fun, and plenty of room!
Since that got your attention I should go ahead and mention all the great things we’re going to have at our Second Annual Anniversary Party.
- One (1) 22oz Bottle of our Celebratory Ale No. 2 Belgian Dark Strong (only 1500 bottles and a handful of kegs are available).
- Two (2) Drink Tickets good for any of our BarrelHouse Beers on tap.
- Two (2) Meal Tickets to be used towards any of the mouth-watering food available from The Pairing Knife.
- Live Music, with our friends the JD Project from 12-3pm and Wild the Coyote from 3:30-6:30pm.
- What BarrelHouse event would be complete without Games. We’ll be bringing out Life-Sized Beer Pong, Bocce Ball, Corn-Hole, and introducing Giant Jenga!. Challenge your friends and prove once and for all that you are better than them.
- Raffle tickets. Enter to win one of 5 VIP tickets to the San Luis Taproom Grand Opening.
- 2nd Annual Brewers Challenge. Sample and vote for your favorites. Last year brought us some taproom favorites like Brazz Monkey and IPAñero. We’re excited to see what the guys think up this year! Limited to supply on hand.
- Plus, we’ll be giving away Prizes and a guaranteed great time only BarrelHouse can deliver!
Check out this list of beers we’ll have available during the event:
- Celebratory Ale. No. 2 – Belgian Dark Strong Aged in Port Wine Barrels for nearly a year – Draft
- Watermelon Mint Gose – Draft
- Mango IPA – Draft
- Sweet Flanders Red – Sour Cask
- Cherry Sour – Draft
- Heidbanger – Bottle
- Blonde Sour – Bottle
- Amber Sour – Bottle
- IPAnéro – Draft
- Dark Nectar – Nitro
- Night Ryder – Draft
- Brazz Monkey – Draft
- BarrelHouse Rye IPA
- BarrelHouse IPA – Draft
- BarrelHouse Stout – Draft
- BarrelHouse Blonde – Draft
- Templeton Kolsch Style Ale – Draft
Let’s not forget about food. The Pairing Knife will be here serving up these tasty offerings:
- Chile de Arbol Carne Asada Tacos
- Chile Verde Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Thai Pulled Pork Tacos
- Tijuana Bacon Dog
- Traditional Brat with Sauerkraut
- Italian Sausage on a Baguette
- Rosemary Paprika and Sea Salt Fries
- German Potato Salad
- and the rest of The Pairing Knife’s mouth watering menu!
If you are planning on staying in Paso Robles after the event, check out the Oaks Hotel. They’ve set up special pricing for our guests. Mention BarrelHouse Anniversary Party to receive a discount on your room. Plus, we’ll be providing Shuttle Bus service to and from the Oaks before and after the event.
Tickets can be purchased online or in the taproom today, check out www.barrelhousebrewing.com for more details.
Are kids allowed? For this event, we are keeping it 21 and over. Grab a babysitter and enjoy a night off!
Can I bring Fido? If this party is anything like our grand opening, it would be best to leave your furry friends at home. We all love our animals, but even the best mannered dogs can get a little cranky.
Where else can I buy tickets? Tickets are also available in our taproom. But remember, the tickets are limited, so don’t hesitate.
Are you open before and after the event? This year the taproom will be closed until 12pm. At this time we open to guests with tickets. At 5pm we open back up to the public.
Can I bring my own chair? Yes! We do have seating available, but feel free to bring your own fold up chairs for use in the garden area.
Are you guys open to the public before and after the event? We’re closed before the event, but will be re-open to the public at 5pm.
While all the delicious ingredients we add play an intricate roll in the flavors and aromas of the final product, Hops have always had a soft spot in our hearts. I think it’s safe to say that goes for most West Coast Brewers. We love the stuff, can’t get enough of it as a matter of fact. It seems like there is always some new IPA style on the market and we will dry hop just about anything. That got us thinking about how we can make the beer at BHBC even more unique by offering some choices with local, fresh ingredients.
We are happy to announce the first year harvest of our hops! We planted Cascade, Chinook, Amalia and Nugget hop varietals. They were harvested this morning and are drying and curing as you read this. Look forward to a special brew from this harvest and many more come as we expand this project! We wanted to share some of the pictures from our harvest day and thank all the Beer Society members who came out to lend us a hand… It probably helps that we bribed them with free beer… Hannah, pictured below, was bribed with juice boxes, which everyone agreed, were delicious.
Last week saw a new addition to the BarrelHouse family, a pristine French Oak Foeder from a local winery. We are very excited, and you should be too, because this rare vessel will help expand our sour and wild ales projects which are headed by our Lead Brewer, Mathew Jacobs. The 2,000 gallon Foeder has long held Red Zinfandel and Cabernet wines, imparting a bright and floral red wine acidity to the 100% oak surface. These characteristics will pass onto each beer we brew for this awesome tank, so keep an eye out for what’s to come!
Here’s our version of ‘How to move a 2000 gallon oak barrel in 3 easy steps.’
Step 1: Loader’ up! Straps, next to dogs and cold beers, are a mans best friend…
Step 2: Don’t drop it!
Step 3: Bask in its glory…
Ahhh, the glorious side of hand crafting well made beer. Floor sealer. Okay maybe not glorious, but it is integral to the process. Once again, we needed and wanted to do as much as we could ourselves. We enlisted help from a local talent to help us figure it out. Floors check!