Jason, Chris, and John Pranjic (BarrelHouse Speakeasy Manager) recently sat down with the guys from the Central Coast Beer Radio Show at our newest Speakeasy location in San Luis Obispo. As usual the interview was filled with laughter, stories (mostly true), insider information, and of course great BarrelHouse beers.
Max Randolph (yes he is an actual Viking), hand-forges all of the medieval BHBC stamped bottle openers for us.
This year for all of our Society members we decided to enlist the Viking’s help to blacksmith a special batch. Included in this year’s membership each Society member will receive a custom key-chain bottle opener with the initials SM15.
We’re fascinated by his craftsmanship we followed him back to his workshop to captured him in action. Let me start by saying these images simply don’t do it justice. We’ll soon be releasing a video showing exactly how much time and artist goes into each piece. Stay tuned.
A couple months back our friends at Coast Hills CU contacted us about a small project. We’ve always had a great relationship with Coast Hills so we didn’t hesitate to say yes, to whatever it was they were thinking.
The day arrived. We started pre-dawn in Templeton, Ca, our neighboring community, and spent the next 16 hours filming with an incredibly talented film production company. We couldn’t believe how long shooting a commercial took, but like everything we do at BarrelHouse Brewing Co., they believe even the smallest of details can make the difference between good and great.
A huge applause to the business team at Coast Hills CU for making stunning short film this happen. We are truly honored and forever indebted to you. Literally and figuratively…
Visit BarrelHousebBewing.com for more info.
BarrelHouse Brewing Co.
3055 Limestone Way
Paso Robles, Ca 93446
BarrelHouse Brewing Co. was recently named one of the “Best Bars in California” by the Thrillist.com. Thrillist.com is a digital media company consisting of three brands: food, drink and travel property Thrillist; technology and lifestyle site Supercompressor; and fashion site JackThreads. The three brands collectively reach over 15 million daily subscriptions. This was quite an honor indeed.
Anniversary Celebration Announcement | Saturday, February 21st, 2015
With the party only days away you can already feel the buzz building around us. Literally.
Originally, we had only planned on releasing 500 tickets. But, that number came and went while we were busy brewing and we still have tons of interest. So, we’ve decided to increase the amount of tickets available for a short time.
In addition, for the first time ever, we’ve decided to open up an additional two acres behind the brewery. Here you’ll find more games, more beer, more fun, and plenty of room!
Since that got your attention I should go ahead and mention all the great things we’re going to have at our Second Annual Anniversary Party.
- One (1) 22oz Bottle of our Celebratory Ale No. 2 Belgian Dark Strong (only 1500 bottles and a handful of kegs are available).
- Two (2) Drink Tickets good for any of our BarrelHouse Beers on tap.
- Two (2) Meal Tickets to be used towards any of the mouth-watering food available from The Pairing Knife.
- Live Music, with our friends the JD Project from 12-3pm and Wild the Coyote from 3:30-6:30pm.
- What BarrelHouse event would be complete without Games. We’ll be bringing out Life-Sized Beer Pong, Bocce Ball, Corn-Hole, and introducing Giant Jenga!. Challenge your friends and prove once and for all that you are better than them.
- Raffle tickets. Enter to win one of 5 VIP tickets to the San Luis Taproom Grand Opening.
- 2nd Annual Brewers Challenge. Sample and vote for your favorites. Last year brought us some taproom favorites like Brazz Monkey and IPAñero. We’re excited to see what the guys think up this year! Limited to supply on hand.
- Plus, we’ll be giving away Prizes and a guaranteed great time only BarrelHouse can deliver!
Check out this list of beers we’ll have available during the event:
- Celebratory Ale. No. 2 – Belgian Dark Strong Aged in Port Wine Barrels for nearly a year – Draft
- Watermelon Mint Gose – Draft
- Mango IPA – Draft
- Sweet Flanders Red – Sour Cask
- Cherry Sour – Draft
- Heidbanger – Bottle
- Blonde Sour – Bottle
- Amber Sour – Bottle
- IPAnéro – Draft
- Dark Nectar – Nitro
- Night Ryder – Draft
- Brazz Monkey – Draft
- BarrelHouse Rye IPA
- BarrelHouse IPA – Draft
- BarrelHouse Stout – Draft
- BarrelHouse Blonde – Draft
- Templeton Kolsch Style Ale – Draft
Let’s not forget about food. The Pairing Knife will be here serving up these tasty offerings:
- Chile de Arbol Carne Asada Tacos
- Chile Verde Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Thai Pulled Pork Tacos
- Tijuana Bacon Dog
- Traditional Brat with Sauerkraut
- Italian Sausage on a Baguette
- Rosemary Paprika and Sea Salt Fries
- German Potato Salad
- and the rest of The Pairing Knife’s mouth watering menu!
If you are planning on staying in Paso Robles after the event, check out the Oaks Hotel. They’ve set up special pricing for our guests. Mention BarrelHouse Anniversary Party to receive a discount on your room. Plus, we’ll be providing Shuttle Bus service to and from the Oaks before and after the event.
Tickets can be purchased online or in the taproom today, check out www.barrelhousebrewing.com for more details.
Are kids allowed? For this event, we are keeping it 21 and over. Grab a babysitter and enjoy a night off!
Can I bring Fido? If this party is anything like our grand opening, it would be best to leave your furry friends at home. We all love our animals, but even the best mannered dogs can get a little cranky.
Where else can I buy tickets? Tickets are also available in our taproom. But remember, the tickets are limited, so don’t hesitate.
Are you open before and after the event? This year the taproom will be closed until 12pm. At this time we open to guests with tickets. At 5pm we open back up to the public.
Can I bring my own chair? Yes! We do have seating available, but feel free to bring your own fold up chairs for use in the garden area.
Are you guys open to the public before and after the event? We’re closed before the event, but will be re-open to the public at 5pm.